A traditional Puerto Rican creamy, spiked coconut eggnog. Coquito meaning “little coconut” is blended together with a buttery rum with a heart of coconut that leads to a sweet creamy blend of vanilla, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and cardamom. Familiar and inviting, Coquito performs beautifully at your holiday gathering where all your family traditions come to life again.
Mood: Spiked Coconut Eggnog
Notes: Coconut, Rum, Nutmeg, Clove, Lime, Citrus, Alcohol, Cinnamon, Ginger, Pumpkin, Cardamom, Cake, Vanilla, Butter, Tonka Bean
- Size: 4.3 oz (25-30 hour burn time)
- The coconut soy wax candles are gluten-free, paraben-free, phthalate free with an FSC-certified wooden wick. Bonita Fierce hand-pours in micro-batches in New York.
- Tin is reusable! When you've reached the sad end of your Bonita Fierce candle you can reuse the jar! Simply add hot water to your candle jar, wait for the candle wax to rise to the top, let the jar and wax cool overnight, remove the wick, rinse the jar, and wipe clean.
• Before the first light, make sure you have 3-4 hours available for the candle to burn while attended. We know it is exciting to want to light your candle right away, but this is the most important step!
• Coconut Soy candle wax has what’s called a "memory." That means that when you burn a coconut soy candle and then extinguish it, the next time you burn it, the coconut soy candle wax will melt across as far as it did the first time. This is why it is so important to allow coconut soy candles to burn all the way across to the edge of the container the first time you burn it before putting it out. This ensures that your soy candle does not “tunnel” as it burns, leaving wax along the sides of the container. A good rule of thumb is to burn your candle 1 hour for every inch wide that the candle is. So if you have a 3-inch wide coconut soy candle, you may need to burn it for at least 3 hours for a good melt pool.
• Keep your wick trimmed to .5 cm before every burn for even burning and to avoid unnecessary smoke and overheating. Occasionally, wick breakage can occur. This is okay and simply means that there is a build-up of carbon or a draft.
• Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
• Do not allow wick trimmings to fall into wax, as this can create a fire hazard.
• Always burn your candle within sight and away from drafts, including but not limited to: open windows, A/C units, and heaters.
• Stop burning when there is ½” of wax remaining. If misused, the glass may shatter.
• Keep away from children, pets, and flammable objects.
About Bonita Fierce
Bonita Fierce Candles was founded by Melissa Gallardo in 2020, a few months into the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout her life, she always felt at a cultural crossroads being a Latina in the United States. Navigating language, culture, and heritage has always been a challenge - the feeling of what home meant, embracing heritage and connecting with la cultura. After graduating college she leaned into the Latina community online. There she felt at home but something was missing.
Burning candles was always her way of indulging in self-care but she realized the scents she grew up with weren't represented in the home fragrance industry. With that in mind, she set out to create Bonita Fierce Candles, a collection of candles dedicated to celebrating heritage and home. Done in an elevated way with clean ingredients and eco-friendly packaging as our way of sharing our cultura with the rest of the world.