Throw it back to Saturday mornings waking up to the scent of your Mami cleaning and make your apartment smell like home again!
This candle smells like you just cleaned la casa. Lavender Fabulosa is your classic fresh and clean scent as you are getting your casita ready for any visita. Let your casita blossom with lavender and sage, with a sparkling citrus and cedar base that’ll leave any space smelling clean and refreshing.
Mood: Saturday Morning Para Limpiar La Casa
Notes: Lavender, Chamomile, Sage, Rosemary, Citrus, Camphor, Cedar, Sandalwood
• Before the first light, make sure you have 3-4 hours available for the candle to burn while attended. We know it is exciting to want to light your candle right away, but this is the most important step!
• Coconut Soy candle wax has what’s called a "memory." That means that when you burn a coconut soy candle and then extinguish it, the next time you burn it, the coconut soy candle wax will melt across as far as it did the first time. This is why it is so important to allow coconut soy candles to burn all the way across to the edge of the container the first time you burn it before putting it out. This ensures that your soy candle does not “tunnel” as it burns, leaving wax along the sides of the container. A good rule of thumb is to burn your candle 1 hour for every inch wide that the candle is. So if you have a 3-inch wide coconut soy candle, you may need to burn it for at least 3 hours for a good melt pool.
• Keep your wick trimmed to .5 cm before every burn for even burning and to avoid unnecessary smoke and overheating. Occasionally, wick breakage can occur. This is okay and simply means that there is a build-up of carbon or a draft.
• Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
• Do not allow wick trimmings to fall into wax, as this can create a fire hazard.
• Always burn your candle within sight and away from drafts, including but not limited to: open windows, A/C units, and heaters.
• Stop burning when there is ½” of wax remaining. If misused, the glass may shatter.
• Keep away from children, pets, and flammable objects.
Bonita Fierce Candles was founded by Melissa Gallardo in 2020, a few months into the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout her life, she always felt at a cultural crossroads being a Latina in the United States. Navigating language, culture, and heritage has always been a challenge - the feeling of what home meant, embracing heritage and connecting with la cultura. After graduating college she leaned into the Latina community online. There she felt at home but something was missing.
Burning candles was always her way of indulging in self-care but she realized the scents she grew up with weren't represented in the home fragrance industry. With that in mind, she set out to create Bonita Fierce Candles, a collection of candles dedicated to celebrating heritage and home. Done in an elevated way with clean ingredients and eco-friendly packaging as our way of sharing our cultura with the rest of the world.
Things don't always go according to plan, and when they don't, we're here. We stand behind the products we offer, but if something doesn't work out we are ready to make things right! We want to make sure you have the best experience possible.
If your order did not work out, we are happy to assist with an exchange or return. Please note exclusions apply and we can only offer exchanges and returns for orders made within the United States.
Exchanges and returns are eligible within 30 days from delivery--request must be made within this window. It is important to note that we will honor the date you made contact, not the day we receive the request. With this said, no need to panic if you don’t hear from us within the time frame aforementioned.
Holiday Shopping: For all orders placed from November 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, you have until January 20, 2024, to process a return or exchange.
The following items are NOT eligible for exchange or return:
In order to be eligible for an exchange or return the following conditions must be met:
How to start a return/exchange:
To start the process, please fill out this exchange/return form and allow 3 business days for a response. If your request is accepted, you will receive a shipping label via email. All items must be dropped off at your nearest USPS office within 7 business days of receiving a return label. A restock and processing fee of $10 will be invoiced.
IMPORTANT - Please read.