Margarita Tote Bag
- About The Zapotec Weavers
These pieces are carefully handmade and one of a kind; they are as beautiful as they are meaningful! Made with responsibly sourced sheep wool, and dyed using natural dyes. Each design is carefully handwoven by the Gutierrez family and friends, thus, a one-of-a-kind piece!
- Artist: Margarita Gutiérrez Martinez
- Size: 19" W x 15.5" H - Strap Drop: 10.75"
- Material: 100% Sheep Wool & Bovine Leather
- Specification: Handwoven wool tote bag, with zipper, and bovine leather straps. Interior features a white manta lining with zippered side pocket.
- Shipping Policy
- Exchange Policy
The Zapotec Weavers is an Indigenous-owned business from Teotitlán Del Valle, Oaxaca, México. During the pandemic, Cinthia and Rufina, a mother-daughter duo, sought to help their family due to the closures of tourism in Oaxaca; thus, The Zapotec Weavers was born.
Cinthia and Rufina are the third generation of Zapotec weavers, which dates back to their great grandparents in the great central valleys of Oaxaca. Teotitlán Del Valle, which in Náhuatl means “the place of the gods,” is indeed the place of the gods, gods who wove history and art as seen in their pieces.
Their family’s inspiration stems from their love of nature, such as the mountains, rivers, and stars. You can find these inspirations in the form of patterns and symbols throughout all of their pieces. When you buy their woven products, you support responsibly sourced, ethically made pieces.