Quetzal Mexican Leather Crossbody Bag
- About Carlota
The quetzal bird, the Mayan legend tells about the time when Kukulkan, the god creator, and Tepeu, the god of the heavens, created the earth together. When they gave life to the birds, the quetzal was born from the puffs of air blown at a guayacán tree. With the divine breaths, the greenish-blue leaves from the guayacán tree flew away in the form of this majestic bird of wonderful long plumage. Moctezuma’s headdress, a quetzalapanecáyotl, made of quetzal feathers, is thought to have been created by the amantecas, Mexica artists who specialized in making objects for the god Quetzalcóatl, or “plumed serpent”, using feathers. This headdress was made with 222 feathers, most of which are from quetzal birds. Currently, the original piece is housed at the Ethnology Museum in Vienna, Austria, while a reproduction can be seen at the National Anthropology Museum, in Mexico City.
- Color crossbody bag with a print inspired by the quetzal, an animal representative of Mexican culture. Lilac interior with an internal pocket, chain strap, and gold hardware. Includes lilac smooth leather charm. A design that will brighten your days.
Care: Clean with a damp white cloth and dermatological quality soap. It is important to keep the bag in its dust container and keep it in a dry place.
Carlota is a Mexican brand specialized in leather handbags which are inspired and decorated with traditional Mexican folkloric motifs. Through Carlota we are able to share these inspirations, thus creating a loving culture that uplifts the homeland with heart through art and its beauty.
Each of our designs are inspired by a specific and representative element of our culture. Our pieces are limited editions and handmade by local artisans of the state of Jalisco. All Carlota bags are made with the best care and dedication.
All orders are shipped within three to five business days using the United States Postal Service. This does not apply to pre-order or custom made items. You should automatically receive a tracking number once your order has been shipped. If you have any questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer international shipping! If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Route Shipping Insurance
Upon checkout you have the option to purchase shipping insurance through Route. Route offers you "peace of mind" package protection for all of your orders at an affordable price. The cost to you - to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen - is calculated based on the subtotal of the order and the partnership between Route and the merchant
- Packages presumed to be lost or stolen
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed through Route no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Route as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
- Route's international timeframe filing period is:
- Stolen: between 5-15 days from delivery
- Lost: between 20-30 days from last tracking update
- Damaged: between 0-15 days from delivery
For more information on how to resolve issues with lost, stole, damaged items and how to resolve issues please visit their site .
We have a 15-day exchange policy, which means you have 15 days after receiving your item to request an exchange.
To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start an exchange, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your exchange is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting an exchange will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Please note: all sale items are final.
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective or damaged, please reach out to us within five days. If the item is damaged or defective please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can evaluate and better assist you.
Depending on the type of damage you may be eligible for coverage. If in doubt, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on any items.