Talavera Gourd Earrings
- About the Artisan
Beautiful earrings made out of the jícara plant (gourds). They are a representative artwork of the state of Tabasco and come from the Jícaro tree, a specimen that represents Jalpa de Méndez (Municipality of the state).
Four years ago, Eleyda and Jose Luis had the restlessness to create a business that had a high impact for society. After analyzing several alternatives, they realized there was no textile development in Nacajuca, Tabasco; and the great desire that exists in people who love everyday wear handmade garments.
So in May 2017 they began to develop and structure the idea, taking classes, trainings, and workshops that could provide them with tools to capture their ideas very well. They started from scratch with resources borrowed from relatives, with many difficulties but with a clear objective: ¡Enaltecer Nuestra Cultura!
They began by organizing a small group of 4 embroiders from one community. Today, there are more than 100 families or artisans from 7 communities and 2 states of the republic who benefit from the work done with Hey México.
All orders are shipped within three to five business days using the United States Postal Service. This does not apply to pre-order or custom made items. You should automatically receive a tracking number once your order has been shipped. If you have any questions please e-mail us at email@example.com.
We offer international shipping! If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Route Shipping Insurance
Upon checkout you have the option to purchase shipping insurance through Route. Route offers you "peace of mind" package protection for all of your orders at an affordable price. The cost to you - to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen - is calculated based on the subtotal of the order and the partnership between Route and the merchant
- Packages presumed to be lost or stolen
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed through Route no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Route as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
- Route's international timeframe filing period is:
- Stolen: between 5-15 days from delivery
- Lost: between 20-30 days from last tracking update
- Damaged: between 0-15 days from delivery
For more information on how to resolve issues with lost, stole, damaged items and how to resolve issues please visit their site .